1.24.2012

Atlanta Gift Market

Who enjoyed Market? ? 
  
Atlanta Gift Market was a whirlwind, to put it mildly. Four buildings with thousands of stores in each. I consider myself an expert shopper but this was a stretch even for me. There were posted signs saying "No Photography" which is why I only have a few (ok like 2) pictures.

Every time I pulled out my iPhone to snap a picture, I envisioned policeman running to handcuff me. {I can have a flair for the dramatic.}

By the last day, I ventured a little rule breaking bravery. Baby steps, people!

This window display caught my eye. Notice the subtle nod to navajo with rustic and turquoise accents. Pretty! 
Moving on to something a little less subtle:

On Sunday we had a little break in the form of the Marching Abominables. They are a costumed bunch of crazies who took the escalators up and down the different levels playing oldies. Somehow I didn't mind taking tons of pictures of them. If you follow me on twitter you probably saw more than you ever needed to of these creative musicians. : ) 
To summarize: I loved Atlanta Gift Mart. It was a wonderful, exhausting working vacation.The highlight for me was attended workshops hosted by with Habitually Chic, Dwell Studio & Apartment Therapy. I'll do a review of those later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment