This Groundhog Day recipe has become an annual tradition in our house. The hearty ground beef in the chili is guaranteed to keep you warm, whether Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow or not. In fact, if he'd had a nibble of this before he went outside, the outcome may have been different today!
|images and recipe from Taste of Home|
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Optional toppings: Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and sliced green onions
- Crumble beef into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the next 11 ingredients and mix well. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or until heated through. Serve over rice and with toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
- Yield: 6 servings.